Creating Hope Dinner Benefiting Providence Cancer Institute
Due to uncertainty and social distancing mandates of COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel Creating Hope 2020: The Race to Finish Cancer. The safety of our donors and friends is our highest priority. The program is rescheduled for May 19, 2021.
The researchers at Providence Cancer Institute rely on philanthropy to fund their work. 75% of funding comes from donors while the remaining 25% comes from pharmaceutical agreements and NIH grants. Without Creating Hope, our main fundraising event in support of cancer research, the team faces a shortfall.
Providence Cancer Institute scientists have stepped up during this global health crisis and are working to apply what they know about the immune system to the development of a vaccine for COVID-19. Work is moving quickly.
In the meantime, thousands of patients battle cancer every day, most at higher risk during this outbreak.
Some patients must wait for treatment because ICU beds are reserved for the expected surge in COVID-19 patients. New phase-1 clinical trials have been put on hold for the same reason, yet cancer will not wait for this outbreak to pass.
We hope you will still consider giving what you can. Cancer won’t wait and neither can we.
Our goal is to raise $1 million in support of cancer research AND research efforts of this team around a possible COVID-19 vaccine.
2021 Ticket Details
Tickets will go on sale in early 2021
Thank you to our generous sponsors who have pledged their support even during this outbreak.
Jim and Flo Atkinson / Peter and Diana Hall
Charlie and Shawn Engelberg
Mike and Laurie Kelley
Jin and Julieann Park / Warren Rosenfeld and Sheryl Langerman
Dr. Walter and Caryn Urba
Bruce and Lynda Werner / Frank Woy
Wilsonville Carpet & Tile
Sponsorship Be a part of it!
Our sponsors make this event possible. For more information on how to become a sponsor in 2021, please contact us. We would love to partner with you on an opportunity that meets your goals.