Recently, Providence Oregon’s top team of COVID-19 researcher were featured guests on KGW’s Straight Talk, an in-depth news show hosted by anchor Laural Porter that examines important community issues.
Read the recap article on KGW, or watch the video below.
Providence researchers and topics featured on the show include:
- Walter Urba, M.D., Ph.D. – Overview of COVID-19, Providence research both in Oregon and at the Providence system level, what lies ahead
- Bernie Fox, Ph.D. – Update on research related to a COVID-19 vaccine, both internationally and at Providence
- Rom Leidner, M.D. – Update on Providence Oregon’s work to develop a vaccine
- Brian Piening, Ph.D. – Explanation about what the field of genomics tells us about COVID-19
- Tobias Pusch, M.D. – Update on Providence’s role in the Remdesivir clinical trial, what’s next for Remdesivir
Thank you for everything you do to support Providence, our patients, our services and our life-saving research. The researchers listed above could not do their work without you.